Aurion is an open source health information exchange platform that implements the Nationwide Health Information Network standard services and content specifications. Aurion is the first project chartered through the Alembic Foundation. This software enables the secure exchange of interoperable health information among diverse organizations using a wide variety of technologies.
You can use the category filters given on the right sidebar to narrow down your search results.
Indivo is the original personally controlled health record (PCHR) system. A PCHR enables an individual to own and manage a complete, secure, digital copy of her health and wellness information. Indivo integrates health information across sites of care and over time. Indivo is free and open-source, uses open, unencumbered standards, and is actively deployed in diverse settings, in particular our own Children's Hospital Boston and the Dossia Consortium.
"Bots for the translations and communication needed in Electronic Data Interchange (EDI). Bots has three main functions: 'Any-to-any-format' data conversions, (Secure) communications and manage and overview EDI data flows."
Mirth is an open source cross-platform HL7 interface engine that enables bi-directional sending of HL7 messages between systems and applications over multiple transports. It is divided in three subprojects:
- Mirth Connect: Specifically designed for HL7 message integration, Mirth Connect provides the necessary tools for developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring interfaces.
REMITT is a revolutionary medical information translation and transmission system, which is primarily used for preparing and submitting medical billing data.
REMITT works independent of any specific electronic medical record (EMR) or practice management (PM) system, and can interface with any EMR or PM system which implements its application programming interface (API). The first system to do so has been FreeMED.
Currently Supported Formats
- ANSI NSF X12 837 Professional
Currently Supported Output Types
OpenHRE is the world's first open source toolkit that provides a standard and secure means to exchange data between existing health records systems. With OpenHRE, health professionals can locate, access, and review clinical data related to a specific health consumer, or acquire de-identified clinical data for population studies.
- Axial 360 is an interface engine and connector library that enables health care systems of all types - hospital systems, lab systems, EHRs, HIEs, etc - to share clinical data when it is needed.
- Axial 360 is built using best-of-bread open source components that enable improved scalability, extensibility, and modularity relative to other interface engines.
- Axial 360 will feature a library of free “connectors” developed by the open source community, that will reduce the time required to interface with applications.
The Project HealthDesign Common Platform is a set of software components that provide common, shared functions to a variety of personal health applications (PHAs). The goal of “centralizing” these functions is to reduce personal health application implementation time and increase interoperability among the PHAs. The common platform components are currently implemented as web services that PHAs may access via standard web interfaces. Services exist for storing observations and medications, as well as for providing authentication, registry, and access-control functions.
This project holds an implementation of the Cross-Enterprise Document Sharing (XDS) profile as defined by IHE (ihe.net). It includes implementations of both the Document Registry and Document Repository actors.
The project is deployed at the XDS Public Registry Test Facility of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
ATNA is an IHE security profile representing Audit Trail and Node Authentication. OpenATNA is an implementation of an Audit Record Repository supporting RFC 3881 audit messages over BSD Syslog as well as RFC 5424-5426 (UDP and TLS).
- Optimizes the database so that entities such as active participants, audit sources, participant objects and codes are not duplicated for every message received.
- Performs validation of messages as they arrive.
- Optionally logs errors as well as audit messages.
- Supports TLS and UDP.