Grassroots DICOM (GDCM) is an implementation of the DICOM standard designed to be open source so that researchers may access clinical data directly. GDCM includes a file format definition and a network communications protocol, both of which should be extended to provide a full set of tools for a researcher or small medical imaging vendor to interface with an existing medical database.
You can use the category filters given on the right sidebar to narrow down your search results.
Laika analyzes and reports on the interoperability capabilities of EHR systems. This includes the testing for certification of EHR software products and networks.
To support EHR data interoperability testing, Laika is designed to verify the input and output of EHR data against the standards and criteria identified by the Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT). Laika is used by the Certification Commission to perform part of the interoperability certification inspection of EHRs.
- Axial 360 is an interface engine and connector library that enables health care systems of all types - hospital systems, lab systems, EHRs, HIEs, etc - to share clinical data when it is needed.
- Axial 360 is built using best-of-bread open source components that enable improved scalability, extensibility, and modularity relative to other interface engines.
- Axial 360 will feature a library of free “connectors” developed by the open source community, that will reduce the time required to interface with applications.
The IHE Cross Enterprise Document Sharing (XDS.b) integration profile facilitates the registration, distribution and access across health enterprises of patient electronic health records. XDS.b is focused on providing a standards-based specification for managing the sharing of medical summary documents between any healthcare enterprise, ranging from a private physician office to a clinic to an acute care in-patient facility.
ATNA is an IHE security profile representing Audit Trail and Node Authentication. OpenATNA is an implementation of an Audit Record Repository supporting RFC 3881 audit messages over BSD Syslog as well as RFC 5424-5426 (UDP and TLS).
- Optimizes the database so that entities such as active participants, audit sources, participant objects and codes are not duplicated for every message received.
- Performs validation of messages as they arrive.
- Optionally logs errors as well as audit messages.
- Supports TLS and UDP.
OpenEMPI is an open source implementation of an Enterprise Master Patient (EMPI) which is a repository that maintains a registry of all patients across an enterprise.
popHealth is a prototype open source tool that automates population health reporting. popHealth integrates with a provider’s electronic health record (EHR) system to produce summary quality measures on the provider’s patient population and streamlines the reporting of these measures.
OpenPIXPDQ implements the Patient Identifier Cross-reference (PIX) Manager and Patient Demographics Query (PDQ) Supplier actors.
The Gazelle project is aimed at developing testing tools for IHE. This tools shall test the interoperability of medical systems and the compliance of the messages send bu those systems with standards recommended by IHE.
Gazelle is replacing Kudu, the tool that was first designed to manage IHE connectathon.