Ginkgo CADx project started in 2009 with the aim to create an interactive, universal, homogeneous, open-source and cross-platform CADX environment.
Ginkgo is built over a huge amount of advanced technologies providing full abstraction of complex tasks as:
- Visualization and user interaction 2D/3D.
- Multitasking support. Native parallel task processing support easy to understand.
- IHE template orientation. DICOM oriented study abstraction aims to get a scalable and IHE compliant medical environment which can be specialized by user demands.
- Dicomization. Dicomize common file formats such as JPG, PNG, TIFF and BMP with total transparency.
- Data transfer/management. Complete DICOM 3.0 C-MOVE and C-STORE SCU/SCP support.
- Environment integration HL7 interfaces to easily integrate products in the healthcare environment.
- CADx. Advanced users can perform custom data processing/diagnosis workflows using a simple extensions C++ API.