ARX is a comprehensive open source software for anonymizing sensitive personal data. It has been designed from the ground up to provide high scalability, ease of use and a tight integration of the many different aspects relevant to data anonymization. Its highlights include:
- Risk-based anonymization using super-population models, strict-average risk and k-map
- Syntactic privacy models, such as k-anonymity, ℓ-diversity, t-closeness, δ-disclosure privacy and δ-presence
- Semantic privacy models, such as (ɛ, δ)-differential privacy
- Data transformation with generalization, suppression, microaggregation and top/bottom-coding as well as global and local recoding
- Methods for analyzing data utility
- Methods for analyzing re-identification risks
The software is able to handle very large datasets on commodity hardware and features an intuitive cross-platform graphical user interface.